Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review: Page by Paige






















Page by Paige
by Laura Lee Gulledge

Book Description:
Paige Turner has just moved to New York with her family, and she's having some trouble adjusting to the big city. In the pages of her sketchbook, she tries to make sense of her new life, including trying out her secret identity: artist. As she makes friends and starts to explore the city, she slowly brings her secret identity out into the open, a process that is equal parts terrifying and rewarding.

Review:
I really enjoyed this book.  I thought that Paige and her trouble adjusting to the big city was totally relatable.  Her first real crush was fun to read about and I loved her new friendships. 

I thought the drawings were beautifully done.  The conceptual artwork here really is stellar...check out this example:





















Paige uses the pages of her notebook to chronicle how she's feeling and the way she draws these emotions is phenomenal. Love, love, love. So far, I think this is one of the best graphic novels I've ever read!

No comments:

Post a Comment