Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gold Star Review: Arclight





















Arclight
by Josin L. McQuein

Book Description:
The Arclight is the last refuge in a post-apocalyptic world consumed by terrifying monsters called the Fade. No one crosses the wall of light that keeps the last human survivors safe. There's nothing else left and nowhere to go. Or so they thought, until Marina, a lone teenage girl, stumbles out of the Dark.

Marina doesn't remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. And the Fade want her back. When one of them infiltrates the compound and recognizes Marina, she begins to unlock secrets she didn't even know she had. Marina knows she's an outsider in the Arclight, but she'll do anything to protect those who saved her. Whether they want her help or not.

Review
I could not put this book down! From the opening pages, I was totally sucked into Marina's world. McQuein's writing is very suspenseful. Similar to Pearson's The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Marina learns things in bits and pieces as she deals with amnesia.

It's been a little while since I've come across a book that just literally sucked me in so hard that I did not want to stop reading...especially when the book ended. I want more of Marina's journey. I want to find out where the humans will go from here.... It's hard to describe what I want to see without giving things away, but there are characters that I'm totally intrigued to see more from and I want to jump back into this world.

I'm giving this one a gold star for being completely fascinating. Danger, mystery, romance, and more...in my opinion, this is a great example of post-apocalyptic science fiction!





No comments:

Post a Comment