Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Review: Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip






















Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip
by Jordan Sonnenblick

Book Description:
Sometimes, the greatest comebacks take place far away from the ball field.

Meet Peter Friedman, high school freshman. Talented photographer. Former baseball star. When a freakish injury ends his pitching career, Peter has some major things to figure out. Is there life after sports? Why has his grandfather suddenly given him thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment? And is it his imagination, or is the super-hot star of the girls' swim team flirting with him, right in front of the amazing new girl in his photography class?

Review:
I loved this book. I love all of Jordan Sonnenblick's books!

This book had sports, it had photography, it had the ups and downs of a new relationship...it had family drama (and tons of family love)... it pretty much had it all!


I so thoroughly enjoyed this book that I am giving it a GOLD STAR review!!

I thought that Peter was a great character. I loved his relationship with his grandfather and the one that he develops with Angelika. I also enjoyed his best friend and thought that it was interesting to see the dynamics of their relationship.

This is one of those books that I believe has something for everyone to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment