Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Perception

Perception
by Kim Harrington
Clarity, book two 

Book Description:
When you can see things others can't, what happens when someone is watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only, Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared. Clare needs to see her way to the truth -- before it's much too late.

Review:
I loved this follow-up to Clarity.

I still think that Clare is a fantastic character and I love her power. It would be cool, interesting, and sometimes creepy to be able to touch things and see visions!

I thought that there was a lot of great stuff going on with Clare's family in this book. I love the bond that she and her brother share...and thought it was well tested in this book. I also love watching Clare and her mother figure things out...

I have to confess I was eagerly anticipating the romance element of this book. I could not wait to see what would happen with Clare and her two beaus...I thought that Harrington did great with this aspect. It was realistic and fun.

The mystery in this one was totally creepy. Stalker books always give me the heebie-jeebies. I will confess that I figured out who the bad guy was just a hair before Clare did...but not by much! I thought the mystery was well done.

I can't wait for what happens next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment