Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: The Selection





















The Selection
by Kiera Cass

Book Description:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Review:
I really enjoyed this book. America is an interesting character. I liked her spunk and her honesty...with both herself and the men in her life. I felt like she was someone I'd like to be friends with, you know?

I thought this was a really interesting world. It has a caste system and a very rigid set of rules about etiquette and defining what life choices you can make. I, by no means, would want to live there, but it was an intriguing world to read about!

As more and more secrets became revealed, my interest became more and more peaked. This is a book that, unfortunately, leaves a lot of questions unanswered at the end (it's the first in a trilogy) and my final thought when I finished it was..."HOW long do I have to wait for book two??"

Sadly, book two will not be available until Spring 2013, which feels so far away!!
 
On the plus side, though...this series is being turned into a TV show that will be airing on the CW later this year! I'm stoked. :) Correction... there was a pilot made for CW, but they decided not to make the show after all... I'm so sad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment