Friday, February 17, 2012

Crazy Cool Covers.

I don't know about you guys, but as much as I try not to, I definitely judge a book by its cover! I'm a very visual person and when I'm walking down the aisles in the Library, or a bookstore, or even am scoping out books online, the first thing I do is look for a cover that catches my eye...

Of course, I hardly ever read a book based *solely* on its cover...it has to have a great description, too. Which is why I LURVE, really, really, really LURVE the Hourglass series by Myra McEntire. 

Hourglass
by Myra McEntire
Hourglass series, book one.

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

Okay, time travel, romance, attempted murder? This book sounded super cool (I read it and trust me it was AH-MAZING!) and I had to look twice, okay maybe three times at the cover.  At first, it's just a cool looking cover...

UNTIL you realize that the chick on the cover is walking DOWN the wall.

YES, you read that right. Look again! She's walking down the wall, not on the floor.  SUPER COOL.

I thought this was my fave book cover ever (I even have a poster of it) until they released the cover for the sequel:

Timepiece
by Myra McEntire
Hourglass series, book two

...AND THIS COVER IS *ALSO* SUPER COOL!!


Do you have a favorite book cover??

No comments:

Post a Comment